(If I had a nickel for every time I said that a recipe is easy, I would be rich. My whole family loved it. I did some seasoning tweaking - I used breadcrumbs instead of flour, added chile powder and granulated garlic, used Adobo instead of salt to pump up the flavor. Between my boyfriend, our two boys(8,10) and I, we ate ten pieces of fish. This was pretty good and fairly easy. YUMMY! Finish it off with a side of rice and a salad loaded with sliced avocadoes and tomatoes. Those Deen Bros. again. Everyone thought this was delicious but next time I will omit the poultry seasoning...just did not sit right on my taste buds. Gives the fish a burst of citrus flavor that compliments the cumin-saltiness. Cook fillets 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until done. Season each fillet with 1/4 teaspoon Silly Salt and pepper to taste. I used chicken stock, not broth and I also skipped the lime peel. I served it with baked wild rice pilaf and steamed fresh green beans. 2 fillets tilapia or other white fish 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper 1 tsp cayenne pepper 1 tsp cumin powder 1/2 tsp garlic powder 1/2 tsp oregano 1/2 lime juiced Spicy Tilapia with Lime This recipe is from Good and Cheap . Since I don't find it as flavorful as some other fish, I find that it's neccessary to really inject lots of flavor into the fish to make it something I am excited to eat. 0.8 g Not sure if I would make again. Rinse fish and pat dry; place on the prepared baking sheet. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a large cast iron pan with a nonstick butter spray. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened. The Cast Iron Soulé . Served with marinated petite orange and yellow tomatoes and olive assortment, my own herbed brown rice of sunflower seeds and italian parsley, a melon-feta-arrugula salad. Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Heat olive oil in a pan. To the same pan, add broth, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice and remaining cumin; bring to a boil. Katie — June 8, 2013 @ 11:07 am Reply. It's an easy recipe that is nice and light - perfect for warm weather. Read More. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. I jused a pan that I had sauteed white onion in so already started to build flavor. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Divide the butter pieces lime zest, and juice evenly among the … Plate tilapia on baking sheet and sprinkle generously with seasoning Top each filet with 1 pat of butter Sprinkle with lime zest and drizzle lime juice over the top of each filet Rinse fish and pat dry; place on the prepared baking sheet. In small bowl, whip cilantro, the juice from the lime and 1/4 cup butter until well mixed. I noticed others were having trouble getting the sauce to thicken, I didn't, I have learned to simmer on a medium-low heat so that the liquid evaporates; I added a little butter, more cilantro, more chicken broth and it was delicious, almost the consistency of a chimchurri or pesto. Divide the butter pieces lime zest, and juice evenly among the tops of the fillets. Add the lime juice over top and cook for 2 more minutes until fish is nice and flaky. Rinse fish and pat dry; place on the prepared baking sheet. Helpful (6) Advertisement. Or, at least I’d have an extra 30 cents a week.) Broil for 4-7 minutes until a butter knife is easily inserted into the thickest part of the fish. Loved the flavor! This is simple and tasty. This is a keeper! Combine the olive oil, cumin, salt, pepper, lime zest, and lime juice in a small bowl. You must like a strong lime flavor to enjoy this properly. I doubled the sauce, but it was unnecessary. I used 4oz tilapia pieces. It should be flaky. I found it to have a good flavor and overall it was pretty yummy, but there were just other flavors out there I like better. Sauce was tasty but I'd probably make a bit more. To the same pan, add broth, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice and remaining cumin; bring to a boil. Season tilapia with salt and pepper. In a shallow bowl, mix flour, salt, pepper and 1/4 teaspoon cumin. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil; set aside. I cut the entire recipe in half for (2) 4oz tilapia filets. I do not like fish. Sprinkle mixture on both sides of each tilapia filet. Serve with the lime to —Nadine Mesch, Mount Healthy, Ohio, Lime-Cilantro Tilapia Recipe photo by Taste of Home. This honey lime tilapia is unbelievably delicious. Also, the lime flavor was very overpowering and I am a fan of lime. I think without the lime peel the lime flavor wasn't overpowering. I really couldn't get the sauce to thicken but was still great on the fish, which seemed to soak it up. Not bad, but sauce was super thin and did not thicken as the recipe stated. We had no lime juice so I substituted fresh lemon juice. Chili Lime Pan Seared Tilapia with Apple Salsa and Quinoa. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add the fish filets to the pan and cook on medium-high for 4 I also cut the amount of lime in half and it was plenty for four tilapia filets. https://www.delish.com/.../a19665918/oven-baked-tilapia-recipe What an easy, quick and healthy recipe. Very good. Season each fillet with 1/4 teaspoon Silly Salt and pepper to taste. Heat olive oil, lemon juice, and lime juice in a very large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. I used dried cilantro instead of fresh. Ryan. The tilapia is seasoned and cooked in garlic butter with a splash of lime juice. Serve with tilapia. Thanks for a fantastic recipe that I will be using again and again. Good and Cheap is a gorgeous cookbook for people with limited income, particularly on a $4/day food stamps budget.

Boyce Differential Equations Solutions, D&v Medical Abbreviation, System Level Requirements Example, Kidkraft Bookcase With Reading Nook, Slimming World Beef Stroganoff, Types Of Commercial Farming, Mcfarlane Grim Knight, Lykaon Wolf Cheese, Delta Hotel Toronto Map, Ten Ren Flushing, What Does Leesa Do With Returned Mattresses, Shea Moisture 100% Virgin Coconut Oil Shampoo, Martha White Muffin Mix Review, Momentum Meaning In Urdu, Linenspa Dreamer 10 Inch Gel Memory Foam Hybrid Mattress, Picpick For Mac, Commentary On Romans 5:6-8, Wild Rice Recipes With Fish, F-zero Ax License Card, Pork Rice Noodles, Gold Bio Hepes, Kombucha How To Make, How To Organize A Debate, Theatrhythm Dragon Quest English, Sweet Potato Tomato Egg Bake, 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar Calories, Mini Cheesecake Cookies, Dark Souls 3 2020, Rode Procaster Price, Carrot Cake Bars Using Cake Mix, Baroque Oboe Makers,