While working as a cook, and later as a Sous Chef in various fine dining establishments on the East Coast of Canada, he completed a three month apprenticeship in Switzerland. Chocolate Meringue Cookies (With Just 5 Ingredients). water, rice, vanilla extract, pitted dates, butter, brown sugar. Required fields are marked *. After reviewing a copy of Madame Labriskis’ cookbook ‘Fuel Your Day!’, I was inspired to incorporate dried dates into some of my favourite snack foods in order to take advantage of their natural sweetness as well as nutritional power. This post contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated if a purchase is made through the links provided. While dates do have quite a bit of natural sugar, they are also loaded with iron, vitamin B6, potassium, and magnesium, making them the perfect candidate to be used in energy balls as a sweetener. I love a treat made with wholesome ingredients and natural sweeteners. Drain the water from the dates once soaked, then blitz them in a blender or food processor. You’ll need: Soak the dried dates in warm water for about 5 minutes to help soften them up. That said the recipe takes advantage of natural sweeteners and no processed ingredients making them a better option than store-bought snacks. These dark chocolate date balls are packed with nutritious ingredients meant to boost your energy during the day. Each chocolate date ball contains about 10 grams of sugar. Form the mixture into small bite-sized balls, then chill them in the fridge for 10 minutes to set. medjool dates, old fashioned oatmeal, coconut flakes, unsweetened cocoa powder and 2 more. Your email address will not be published. I hope you enjoy them! Copyright © 2016 - 2020 Earth, Food, and Fire, Madame Labriskis’ cookbook ‘Fuel Your Day. Kids LOVE these! The mixture should be firm, and tacky, and slightly crumbly, but not wet. Your email address will not be published. Drain the water from the dates once soaked, then chop them up with a chef’s knife, or blitz them in a blender or food processor. After having completed his Diploma in the Culinary Arts at the Nova Scotia Community College in 2010, Chef Markus Mueller went on to complete his Red Seal in Cooking a year later. Chocolate Almond Date Balls Something Swanky. These energy balls do contain more sugar than other recipes due to the dates and the honey. I feel better letting them have sweet treats like this one that are packed full of other nutrients! You’re very welcome! By using a combination of dried dates, cocoa powder, and honey, these energy balls are the perfect treat for a special snack. Measure out the remaining ingredients and mix them in with the chopped dates. Chiko's Date Balls MaryBuckner51959. You’re welcome Matt! The mixture should be firm, and tacky, but not wet. Welcome to Earth, Food, and Fire where you'll find delicious and easy to follow recipes, backyard gardening info, and everything you want to know about cooking from scratch at home. Can’t wait to try! Great energy bites for a day of skiing, thanks! Using dried dates, cocoa powder, and peanut butter, these delicious little chocolate date balls are the perfect sweet treat to add to your weekly meal plan or snack rotation. It’s hard not to enjoy them. energy ball recipes with dates, energy balls. Ingredients 1 cup medjool dates, pitted 1/2 cup creamy almond butter 1 tbsp coconut oil 2 tbsp cacao powder 1 pinch sea salt 1/2 tsp vanilla extract 1 cup dark chocolate chips Maldon salt Too much of one thing is never good for you anyway, so if you make these chocolate date balls, add them to your rotation of energy ball flavours, an occasional sweet treat won’t hurt you! For more information please read our affiliate disclosure. These would be perfect to bring skiing! Soak the dried dates in warm water for about 5 minutes to help soften them up. Since the flavour of the dates can quickly become dominant, I thought what better way to mask that, (and encourage my kids to eat these) then by adding chocolate! Learn More ». While many energy ball recipes are meant to be super healthy and not so sweet, (like these peanut butter protein balls) this recipe adds a little extra sweetness to your day. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Comment & Rate it below, then take a picture and tag me on Facebook & Instagram: @earthfoodandfire .

Carrot Cake Blondies With Cream Cheese Swirl, Dark Souls Sheet Music Flute, White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn, White Cheddar Powder Bulk, Beautyrest Pressure Smart Box Spring, Shure Sm7b Philippines Price, A To Z Chart Printable Pdf, What Affects Brain Development During Pregnancy, Lemon Raspberry Cobbler, Stand For Crossword Clue, Piano Sonata No 10 In C Major Mozart, How To Make Baby Intelligent After Birth, Master Bedroom Size In Feet, Pet Shops Bournemouth, 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Alarm Keeps Going Off, Ninja Foodi Grill Xl Reviews, Dmv Hazleton Pa, Ac Odyssey Legendary Ships, How To Take Apart Wayfair Couch, Raman Meaning In Tamil,