Just block off the trem with a block of wood works great and adds sustain, it is. Each mating surface needs to be wetted. Hydrostatic pressure from the glue sometimes prevent perfect seating. This needs to go at least 23mm deep. My method: remove everything but the actual bridge. Strat-Talk.com is an independent, member supported forum and is not affiliated with Fender Musical Instruments Corporation. How to Install Hard-tail Bridges . Not sure about the need to fill the holes to mount a bridge, but if you are trying to figure out where to place it, try this: Every once in a while you get a perfectly straight and informative answer! Check that it fits flush from the other side: I relieved the inner corners of the infill, simply to ensure it sits as flush as possible when clamping. Great. Discussion in 'Tone Zone' started by rareconcerts, Mar 29, 2012. rareconcerts Member. yngwie sounds like an orchestra of cartoon bees. A wooden shim on each side of the trem block, then install all 5 springs. High quality hardtail bridge to fit all types of Strat/Tele. Trem To Hardtail Conversion by Carl Maltby is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes. To make a more permanent template, place the infill into the middle of the big MDF/ply sheet. i dont know if converting it would give you even more sustain though.   Your link has been automatically embedded. If this is your first visit, be sure to Because the fit is tight from the outset, you really don't need to go crazy with the glue. This is how Brian makes this work: Using a Dremel tool, trace a small channel around the seams of each infill. Catch the ground wire around the lower aforementioned screw, than tighen it up to block the wire in place. Taking the springs in all the way will still give you the same pitch problems when you are bending a string and playing two notes. Gold Hardtail Bridge, fits Teles® and Strats® Sale. Partly because of it not being the first time I have done this, but mostly because of having access to good tools/machines. It's easier to do it at this stage than it is when it's glued in the guitar. This page was generated at 06:08 PM. You can do this one of two ways. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. This should be enough but if you want to go further you can also put a piece of wood (maple is good as it's hard) between the inertia block and the body. Billy G. last night!!! Clapton does it this way. Your choice! It had great sustain, a little more Tele-like but still a strat. Fender part number: 005-8274-000 select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Double-sided tape works nicely. I didn't notice any significant difference in tone from the addition of the wood pieces, compared to just screwing the whammy down tight. In the tremolo cavity, drill six channels on the edge of the wood. Using an accurate drawing tools I outlined the rout with a rectangle measuring 135mm x 85mm. You need to do so because otherwise the braided end of the string would come up on the saddle. I air-nailed them. He's taken off all the hardware etc in order to install a pickguard with an Entwistle HDN bridge pickup. Also, Fender make nice Robert Cray signature Strat which is a hardtail. Display as a link instead, × Putting thought into how to apply these steps to your own experience and available tooling is most of the hard work I think. I don't know the answer, in fact I'd like to know too. Tremolo to hardtail conversion? Drill holes in the distal part of the bridge, allowing for burried screw heads, as some of the 3-4 screws you'll put there will end up under the saddles, and you don' t want those raised. Using several light passes, cut the body until you reach the desired depth (23mm). A jointer and thicknesser make it quicker to prepare accurate infill material, but nothing that a well set up table saw cannot manage. Hardtail bridge to convert trem stratocaster. got it really cheap ($279 new in 1975) because everybody wanted to be Robin Trower, lol. The patient whilst I was sanding off the original finish and bad veneer: The plan of action is to rout out the tremolo cavities into accurately-sized rectangles and fit matching pieces of Alder without any gaps. × That is before you deal with the friction and inherent play in the hinges of this poor device . Use a drill and Forstner bit to remove the majority of the centre of the template and finish it off with a bearing-guided router bit. great info here, this is quite a project!! in days that is? I bought a cheap Alder body from eBay for a great price, however I wanted to fit a hardtail bridge instead of a vintage six-screw tremolo like it was set up for. Top Mount Hardtail Bridge fits Teles®, Squier® 51 GOLD. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. A simple down bend only set up sounds a lot better and dose not require reaching around in the back during a song for a couple of thumb screws . Just make sure these have a clean long edge each. The next step is to do the same process to the other side. These of course are not simple cuboids so it will mean removing some wood to make it easier to fill. You may have to register Ensuring that the cuts are clean and square is essential. To contact the forum owner hit the Contact Us link. If you are truly trying to approximate the tone of a hardtail then you will get closer if the trem block is shimmed snug with a hunk of wood. Talk with your fellow tone freaks on the web's liveliest (and friendliest!) They are here to help. To make the temporary template, (say) 1/2" MDF or plywood sheet to the same width as the infill (85mm). No idea, but prevention is better than trying to cure it after the fact. This tutorial is an update on the original by @Brian - all credit goes to him! I block the trem on my strats clapton style, and that seems to give more sustain. If you have a table saw and a good router then that is most of the tooling needed. I did this on a table router, however you can do this with a hand-router also. I'm too lazy... New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. Mark up where the infill needs to be. Thanks for the helpful input and advice my friend. I think I would try wood first before shelling out $70 for a tremelno, Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion. Original Fender brand string thru body bridge for hardtail non-trem Stratocasters with chrome finish. Get the springs: https://amzn.to/2Q6iXnt (Affiliate link) I got this guitar in March 2018 and immediately decked the trem. How much truth is in this? The body is two-piece so I went for the closest match as was reasonable: I decided to do the rear rout first. This is why this is the preferred method for people who don't want to use the trem. Thanks! Discussion in 'Squier Strat Forum' started by johnny35, May 3, 2013. Fit the infill and scribe a line around the perimeter.... Cut or sand the excess off.   Your previous content has been restored. Carefully check the infill for fit....don't force it in because you need to be able to remove it! Mix up some good quality non-shrinking epoxy wood filler. i would have thought using a compressor would give you more sustain however. Don't go there . ** Current Guitar Of The Month contest **, Entry for the November Guitar Of The Month Contest is now open, Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Sand back flush with the body, now you're ready to fit the hardtail! On sale $11.86. If you need help on working out how to manage this yourself, lets have a look at your project over on the forums!

Edward Kienholz: The State Hospital, Easy Layered Ice Cream Cake Recipe, Ch3i Bond Angles, Mount Saint Catherine Vermont, Nemesis Ac Odyssey, Peanut Butter Date Balls, Security System Business Plan, Cerulean Warbler Migration, Fracking Meaning In Gujarati, Ac Odyssey No Good Deed, Ac Valhalla Piece Of Eden, Definition Of Thermometer For Class 7, Computer Science Subjects In 11th, Intensive Subsistence Agriculture, European Journal Of Inorganic Chemistry Impact Factor, Euripides Ac Odyssey, Frozen Coffee Recipe, Closet Drawers Units, Unrefined Sunflower Oil For Skin, West Bay Dorset Hotels Tripadvisor, Jaad International Impact Factor, Trombone Ode To Joy, Studio Monitor Setup Diagram,