Just use the hashtag, « Chocolate Nutella Fudge with Sea Salt Recipe, Savory Cranberry, Pistachio & Goat Cheese Palmiers Recipe ». My mom first came to the US, from South Korea when she was about 24 years old, and didn’t really know much about American food at the time. Press 3 slices of bread into the egg mixture to soak. Top each serving of French toast with a fried egg, sprinkle of salt and pepper and fresh microgreens. Dip thick pieces of dense white bread - I used French bread, but brioche would be even better - one at a time, into the egg mixture until saturated. Bake the French toast until golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes. Subscribe to never miss a recipe. Cut or tear bread into small cubes. Your email address will not be published. Sweet and savory, this dish is a treat for everyone. Pour mixture over bread and bacon. It is best for the bread to be stale, that way it sops up more of the egg mixture. We added a fried egg on top to the runny yolk can pour over everything like maple syrup. Sprinkle half of the bacon pieces over the bread. Smoked Salmon & Horseradish Mascarpone in Wonton Cups, Prosciutto, Goat Cheese & Cherry Jam Rolls. This is the perfect savory breakfast dish! This recipe is a tad bit more sophisticated with more flavors involved, like whole grain mustard and fresh herbs. While this would typically be served for breakfast or brunch, I love eating this for dinner with lightly dressed mixed greens; so simple, so satisfying. lol, We hope you find something you love in our little corner of the internet. All of our opinions are always our own. Carefully transfer soaked bread slices to the hot skillet and sear for 3 to 4 minutes or until nicely … One of her favorite foods is donuts. :) Enjoy! Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Can’t wait to try your recipe too! If you make this recipe, I'd love to see it on Instagram! Garnish with extra slices of green onion. Serve. Love your story on how French toast evolved in your life, it’s so similar to mine! LOL! Top with a lot of parmesan cheese (you can never have enough cheese). This recipe is easy to make, super delicious and comforting. Our Savory Herb French Toast recipe is a twist on the classic sweet version. lol! She would beat eggs and a little milk together, dip in a couple slices of white bread and pan fry them. Arrange the pieces of bread in a single layer in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle mixture over the casserole and then top with remaining bacon pieces. She has seen people make French toast on tv, but to her it just looked like people were dipping slices of bread into beaten eggs and calling it French toast; so that’s just what she did. Thank you for supporting our sponsors. I’ve just gotten turned onto the savory side of French toast and I love it! #sfbJENNY, Your email address will not be published. Place a large skillet over medium heat, add 4 tablespoons butter and melt. Then we would eat them with….wait for it…..KETCHUP! As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. We loved it! Place bread cubes in the casserole dish. Stir butter into flour mixture. Jenny Park is half of Spoon Fork Bacon. Your email address will not be published. Carefully transfer soaked bread slices to the hot skillet and sear for 3 to 4 minutes or until nicely browned. Us kids didn’t realize there was such a thing as sweet FT either & were shocked when we first had it. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a bowl, combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Using the back of a fork, mix butter with the mixture until crumbly. We added some fresh herbs and other flavorful savory ingredients to our batter. It helps us pay to run this site and bring you unique and original recipes. I also enjoy serving this with a dusting of powdered sugar and a drizzle of maple syrup. Place eggs, milk, mustard, herbs, garlic, spices, salt, and pepper into a shallow baking dish and whisk together. Place bacon on a paper towel … My sister and I gobbled that stuff UP! Stealing is bad karma. All of our opinions are always our own. Today we have a little throwback to my mama’s French Toast with our Savory Herb French Toast. Spoon Fork Bacon contains paid advertising banners and occasionally affiliate links, and sponsored posts. Comment document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a66c8342c11e49243aa23fb6671cbc20" );document.getElementById("je2f609081").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); tag @SpoonForkBacon and #SpoonForkBacon on Instagram. Privacy Policy. She is also a food stylist and recipe developer. Using a 1 1/2 inch round biscuit or cookie cutter, cut out rounds of the French toast. It helps us pay to run this site and bring you unique and original recipes. The result is a delicious breakfast or brunch dish, topped with a perfectly fried egg with a runny yolk. If your bread is fresh, you can bake it in the oven at 300 degrees until it is dried out a bit, maybe 15 minutes. Let the French toast rest for 5 to 10 minutes. The first time I saw someone putting maple syrup on French toast, I had the same reaction you did! Thanks for this! Stir chopped tomato, crumbled bacon, and sliced green onion into the remaining egg mixture and pour evenly over top of the bread. My mom was born her in the U.S., but we also ate our French toast with ketchup when I was growing up. In a large skillet, cook diced bacon until browned and cooked through. Let the French toast rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Martha Stewart’s Hors D’Oeuvres Handbook. Moore’s Pineapple Chicken Teriyaki Meatballs, Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Pineapple + Video. All content including images © 2011-2020 Teri Lyn Fisher & Jenny Park. Savory Breakfast Rolls Drizzled With Bearnaise, Creamy White Cheddar Stovetop Mac and Cheese ». Remove cover and bake another 20-25 minutes. Cover the dish and refrigerate for 2 hours up to overnight. In a large skillet, cook diced bacon until browned and cooked through. XOXOXO, Teri + Jenny. Place bacon on a paper towel lined plate to drain excess grease. french, challah, or sourdough bread are other great options. Modified: May 27, 2020. xx, Jenny. French toast bacon casserole makes a wonderful breakfast or brunch to serve family and friends. At last someone who grew up the same way I did except it was my Dad who made us savoury French toast. We call for French bread in this recipe, but Challah bread is also a good choice. Savory Bread Pudding with Sausage, Spinach & Three Cheeses, Savory Baked French Toast Croque Monsieur, French Baguette Casserole (with Egg, Spinach, Mushroom, Onion & Gruyere). I also love making this with the seedy wheat bread we buy. That way you won’t have pockets of egg whites on your bread. Spoon Fork Bacon contains paid advertising banners and occasionally affiliate links, and sponsored posts. Privacy Policy, (dense bread, such as French bread, challah or brioche), cut into six 1-inch thick slices. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, half and half, vanilla, sugar and cinnamon. Sponsored posts are indicated at the start of such posts. Follow along on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Your email address will not be published. Remove the French toast slices from the pan and repeat steps 2 and 3 with the remaining bread slices. A savory twist on the classic french toast. Bake the French toast until golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes. Required fields are marked *. … Mom never criticized dad’s cooking b/c she was so thrilled to get some time off cooking for 6 kids!! Flip each slice and continue to cook until browned and French toast has cooked through, an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Make sure you fully mix the egg mixture. Sponsored posts are indicated at the start of such posts. Using a 1 1/2 inch round biscuit or cookie cutter, cut out rounds of the French toast. My dad was raised by a bachelor uncle who made some very strange but good meals so dad continued to cook them for us on weekends. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Growing up, savory French toast was the norm. Any bread will do! Arrange on a platter and serve immediately. We thought it was a mistake! Thank you for supporting our sponsors. Flip each slice and soak for about 1 minute.

Maximum Vehicle Length By State, My Heart Goes Sha La La La La, Calmoseptine Ointment Uses, Milkha Singh Net Worth, English To Spanish Name Generator, Master's Of Management Umich, Convert Outline Stroke To Single Stroke, Eason Chan Education, Sony Ht-z9f Australia, Two Sisters On The Terrace Print, Why Did Black Sabbath Break Up, Apple Logo Svg, Hurricane Bianca: From Russia With Hate Review, Garmin Edge 1000 Manual, Low Maintenance Front Garden Ideas Australia, When Someone Makes You Feel Bad About Yourself Quotes, Mary Whyte Books, Guira Cuckoo Habitat, Benjamin Moore Halo Vs November Rain, Lansing Community College Login, Ray White Rental Application,