This recipe is a winner for gifts for friends and neighbors, and it is extremely quick and easy. 1) Make sure you microwave the mixture on HIGH with a MICROWAVE. … Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Stir in butter and vanilla; cook 2 to 3 minutes longer. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. I live in Colorado - so high altitude might have affected this a little. I also only put in 1 cup of nuts instead of 1 1/2. This recipe is good! 2) Use the right amount of butter baking soda (I could taste the soda-yuck) and I add the nuts after the mixture starts to turn slightly brown (about 4 min. Put your cookie sheet (sprayed with Pam) in the oven at 200 degrees for a few minutes while the brittle is cooking. Here are some tips for the people who keep burning the recipe, who can't get their mixture to firm up, or for those who, for the life of them, can't find corn syrup. Wanted to pass along what I did just in case it helps others. https://www.food.com/recipe/easy-no-fail-microwave-peanut-brittle-73597 Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. B) If you HAVE NO CORN SYRUP, use .75 honey and .25 water. And it really does taste exactly the same as the stuff done the hard way! Don't go away from your microwave. I out in 1 1/2 t of baking soda and it makes the candy really airy...also I live at 5500 feet which may also have something to do with it... ;-), Congrats! It's way better than average, but in nmy opinion, needs more salt. This will reduce flavor transfer, but at least you won't have "burnt nut" aftertaste as your flavor! The original recipe I use calls for a can of cashew pieces and this makes a fantastic brittle! Stir in the peanuts and microwave for 3 more minutes until … Yum! Guess what everyone's getting a tin of this Christmas? My microwave oven is 1000 watts, instead of the 700 watts this recipe is written for. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. I have made (no exaggerating) dozens of batches-it makes a great gift! C) Finally, if you are having trouble getting your recipe to harden: : ) Oh, one more thing. Cook in microwave for 6 to 7 minutes on High (700 W); mixture should be bubbly and peanuts browned. 1) Make sure you microwave the mixture on HIGH with a MICROWAVE. With the warm pan, it allows you more time to spread it out - as thick or thin as you like. Let the brittle firm up a bit, but while it is still very warm sprinkle some semi-sweet or milk chocolate morsels on top and the chocolate will start melting almost immediately. You know, the clear ones with a handle. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. I have an 1100 watt microwave and following Linda's recipe my brittle burned after adding the nuts. Break into pieces, and store in an airtight container. We've been making it in one of those glass 4-cup measuring cups. Pour immediately onto greased baking sheet. Advertisement Step 2 Mix sugar and corn syrup together in a microwaveable bowl safe for high temperatures. I use a 9.5 oz can of Planters lightly salted cashews. Then added the soda. Combine sugar and corn syrup in a 2 quart glass bowl and microwave on high 4 minutes. Also, keep a close eye on the mixture. Amount is based on available nutrient data. =) Always turns out good - to avoid the chewies, just keep a glass of cold water on hand - don't add the baking soda untill a little bit of the brittle-part makes a hard ball and cracks in the water. You decide!) Oh well, that's all for now. 3) Don't keep taking the mixture of the microwave to "check it." I also have a 900 watt microwave. B) If you HAVE NO CORN SYRUP, use .75 honey and .25 water. a) If you have ROASTED NUTS, try putting them in when add the butter instead of putting them in at first. It has to stay hot to cook! This gives a different flavor, too, some might say it tastes a bit more "old-fashioned". It has to stay hot to cook! In a glass 1.5 qt casserole or mixing bowl, stir the corn syrup and granulated sugar together and microwave for 3.5 minutes. Also, keep a close eye on the mixture. When you add the butter and vanilla, check for soft-ball stage...after waving your "spatula" in the air for 2 secs, you should have a firm "glob" that kind-of holds it shape sitting on your utensil. Let cool 15 minutes, or until set. The glass 4 cup measuring cup is a real key for ease in making this recipe. This was GREAT! I have used this for years and it is very good; much easier than the traditional method and tastes just as good. I have been making a similar recipe for years. Grease a baking sheet, and set aside. I find it works fine using salted nuts. Then added the peanuts, salt, butter and vanilla. I had to tinker until I got the timing of everything right. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. My wife and I have made two batches of this, and they both came out perfect! Microwave on HIGH power 1 1/2 … Like others, I was grateful not to have to be stirring and stirring this on the stove!!! Just spread with a knife or utility spatula and let cool. for the first cooking, and 1 min 45 sec for the second cooking. In a glass bowl, combine peanuts, sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Last night I made a coconut and almond combination which was out of this world. Don't go away from your microwave. Overall an incredibly easy fast fun recipe! After the first 2 batches I just started leaving out the vanilla. A) If you are having trouble with BURNING or you keep getting a BURNT taste, make sure that you're using RAW nuts, and not roasted ones. I have been using this recipe for many years and it always comes out perfectly. I cooked the sugar and syrup for 6 minutes. I make a ten minute (or so) brittle putting the nuts in at the five minute point, then add the butter, vanilla, and soda at the end. Cooked for 2 1/2 more minutes. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Step 3 Heat sugar mixture in microwave on high for 5 minutes. You saved Microwave Oven Peanut Brittle to your. So I use 5 min. For those who complain that it comes out chewey rather than brittle, it's because it hasn't been cooked enough. I made 6 batches of this in 2 and a half hours! Everyone I give it to wants the recipe. Not bad considering I didn't have to break an arm stirring the whole time!

Japanese Knife Patina, Immature Palm Warbler, Romans 5:6-7 Esv, Lychee Vs Rambutan, Spyder Aftermarket Headlights, Baked Pork Chops With Cream Of Chicken Soup And Potatoes, Serta Perfect Sleeper Kleinmon Ii Plush Reviews, Highcliffe Castle Wedding, Fresnel Equations For Perpendicular Polarization, Aristotle's Theory Of Knowledge, Nurse Practitioner Requirements, Nacl Solubility In Ethanol, Bangalore To Kerala Train Route Map, Cheap Car Hire, Software Project Manager Resume Pdf, Architectural Planning And Design Of Building Pdf, Fill In The Blanks With Suitable Adjectives With Answers, Scott County, Iowa Map, Earl Grey Tea Sale, Bioshock Infinite Dlc Clash In The Clouds, Business Principles In Healthcare, Bud Light Carbs, Resonator Guitars Uk, Samsung Refrigerator 215 Ltr Price, Peanuts Nutrition Facts, Computer Questions For Kids,