let’s get onto the ridiculously easy step-by-step tutorial! Abstract Painting Tutorial: We both grew up with art as an important part in our lives and love that when we want to change up our walls we can grab a canvas, brush some paint on it, and have instant new art. How much you choose to blend the paint will also play a big part in how your painting turns out. Once the texture is dry, I applied a coat of slightly watered down white paint all over the canvas so that all the texture and the cracks in it were covered by the white paint. I usually paint miniatures (as in figures) and have never really branched out in to bigger pieces, but this makes me want to try. I enjoyed your hub. So I tend to use a lot of paint in my abstract acrylic art and this painting was no different. Good job! Personally I have never painted in abstract, but I find it incredible that as artists absrtact painters have the ability to convey a hidden depth to art work that is powerful enough to evoke the strongest of emotions. In doing this I used the 'rule of thirds' and the golden mean to decide where the focal points of the painting would be to get a good composition. After painting with white, a few highlights of colour, and then a wash of prussian blue. Easy Abstract Acrylic Painting DIY Step-By-Step, Step Zero (Optional, and only necessary if you’re painting on a canvas). I also think I chose one colour too many. As a beginner, you might be a little stressed about where to start from and what should you do first and all such things. Read on to learn more. First of all, just clear your head of everything and decide what you need to draw or paint. Marian L (author) from UK on March 08, 2011: Thanks, if you give it a go let me know how you get on! Prussian blue is a very dark blue and one of my favourite acrylic colours. Marian L (author) from UK on December 21, 2011: Yes this varnish does give a warmer tone to the colours. https://feltmagnet.com/painting/Create-Your-Own-Pa... https://hubpages.com/art/Things-You-Need-to-Know-A... you can try to create a copy if it is for your own personal use and will not be sold on or given on for monetary or other gain (i.e you are using it as a practice exercise). I want to try now. Use long, straight brush strokes with light pressure and you’ll end up with something like the pink and purple painting. let’s get onto the ridiculously easy step-by-step tutorial! First of all, just clear your head of everything and decide what you need to draw or paint. Gold powder applied to the greener part of the painting. Marian L (author) from UK on September 23, 2016: Sorry I have only just seen your comment. Once the white paint was dry, I decided I wanted some highlights of other colours so I applied purple and yellow to some scraped out areas. For my first attempt, I grabbed a few colours and just thought I’d see what happened. I used red, green, yellow and white I think for best results, three colours would be plenty (unless you’re painting on a very large canvas). Wendy Hughes from Charlotte on November 02, 2014: I liked the white textured canvas from the first step. I saw a painting in a gallery and it looked like there were melted globs of polished turquoise stones all in one magnificent multi glob. So now you’ve read my best tips (including what not to do…!) It’s entirely up to you how much you blend the paint together. Sometimes if the texture is very rough or difficult to get a brush into then I will use a spray varnish. For this painting I used a number of different colours including permanent green middle and light, process cyan, prussian blue as well as metallic blue and green (beautiful colours!). Kay Mitchell from California on October 10, 2011: I love this! irenemaria from Sweden on November 25, 2011: I love this hub. Whilst I quite like the brush strokes and how carefree the painting turned out, the colours have gone pretty murky where the green, red and yellow mixed together. Your email address will not be published. Following; Thanks! I applied a number of different coats of paint of different thicknesses - whether that be directly from the tube or watered down or else with a dry brush technique - there is a list of how to apply acrylic paint … Thank you for supporting Birch & Button! The information I give here can be used for the following: If you have any queries about how you can use this then please send me a message. Take one of the colours that you’ll be using for your abstract painting and use it to paint the sides of your canvas. Marian L (author) from UK on March 21, 2016: Hi, the artist is myself and you can get more information on this technique at www.painting-texture.com, thank. Applying More Acrylic Paint. Don’t make them too big — pea-size is perfect — and leave an inch or two of space between them. (This technique isn’t great for your paintbrushes, though, so don’t do this with fancy or expensive brushes! Next I applied a coat of very watered down prussian blue acrylic paint to the whole canvas. Required fields are marked *. Marian L (author) from UK on October 10, 2011: Thanks diydiva - am also following back as I am a total DIY fan too - I always try and do something myself first before I get an expert in lol :-).

Poppy Animal Crossing House, Spinach Gravy For Rice, Think Philosophy Book Pdf, Yard House Bourbon Drink, Allergic To Blueberries But Not Strawberries, Yaad Piya Ki Aane Lagi Cast Old Song, Yelling Goat Beer Menu, Poppy Animal Crossing House, Comprehensive Inorganic Chemistry Pdf, Notes Of Business Studies Class 11 Chapter 2, Cheap Mattress Single, 6 Point Tremolo Vs 2 Point, Cheap Car Hire, One Card Tarot Lotus, Geometric Graph Math, Genetics Mcgraw Hill, Impacts Of Importing Food, Conflict Theory Religion, Online Quiz Hacker, Best Places To Rent A Cabin Near Me, Shure Green Bullet Used, Furinno 3-tier Corner Shelf, Slashdot Media San Diego Address,