/ImageB Another Bufflehead blend that I'd like to get my hands on again, right here. <> I was surprised at how little of the coffee I tasted but the chocolate notes sure came through. Family:   Anatidae The white breast suggesting and adult male and dark eye seem to also suggest Bufflehead. xڥ]I�����W�&�=�`n��$�Xv��s�7�&�$:���_�Ɛ��� b��. A closer look at the head shows glossy green and purple setting off the striking white patch. Avibase taxonomic concepts v. 07 (Feb 2020) (v.?) >> 0000000619 00000 n 576 0000006448 00000 n The Black Cavendish mixed with the Virginias provided a solid back drop. [ /PDF ] 0000000964 00000 n To register to myAvibase click here. eBird version 1.50 (v.?) q 0000000881 00000 n The Hooded Merganser traits are fairly straightforward.The overall size and shape seem more consistent with Bufflhead than either goldeneye (particularly the relatively small and rounded head). 14 0 obj eBird version 1.52 (v.?) Avibase taxonomic concepts v. 06 (Feb 2018) (v.?) There are a few ways by which you can help the development of this page, such as joining the Flickr group for photos or providing translations of the site in addition languages. 9 0 obj Authorities recognizing this taxonomic concept: You must be logged in to view your sighting details. eBird version 2019 (v.? There are more than 20,000 regional checklists in Avibase, offered in 9 different taxonomies, including synonyms more than 175 languages. startxref Apparent Hybrid Hooded Merganser x Bufflehead; Mississauga, Ontario. eBird version 2017 (v.?) none Highlight taxa in a checklist (shown in red) <>stream Avibase taxonomic concepts v. 05 (Jan 2017) (v.?) YBRIDIZATION is of unusually fre- quent occurrence among the various members of the family Anati- dae. 16 0 R ]յ�Wſ}���!���?ǿ��0ʽ$}��,J������!���~��������/���i�����o?|������������O�����. >> <> MyAvibase allows you to create and manage your own lifelists, and produce useful reports to help you plan your next birding excursion. /XObject <> Females are a subdued gray-brown with a neat white patch on the cheek. %%EOF <> 12 0 obj /Type /Page © Denis Lepage | Jessie and I believe that this is likely a Hooded Merganser x Bufflehead. eBird version 2018 (v.?) <> endobj 0000001076 00000 n Note black border on rear portion of hybrid's white crown patch. 9 11 Avibase taxonomic concepts v. 04 (Aug 2016) (v.?) BX /GS1 gs EX 0000000471 00000 n ] ), Avibase has been visited 311,904,278 times since 24 June 2003. The Hooded Merganser traits are fairly straightforward.The overall size and shape seem more consistent with Bufflhead than either goldeneye (particularly the relatively small and rounded head). � � � R��#Eg �� ' \ ��`Q y�� endstream 0 %���� 16 0 obj endobj Enter your login name or your email address and click on Send reminder to receive a reminder by email. /im1 Do I knew that if I drank coffee, I'd be awake all night, so, my second choice was a sample of Hooded Merganser since it had coffee flavoring in it. 0000000422 00000 n eBird version 2016 (v.?) 576.72 0 0 798.48 0 0 cm /ProcSet 12 0 R endobj eBird version 1.53 (v.?) The hen has a brown crest and a grayish brown body. <> Order:   Anseriformes The breast and belly are white and the flanks are brown. Jessie and I believe that this is likely a Hooded Merganser x Bufflehead. Also note the relatively large white horizontal patch above the flanks without any white patches higher on the back that are shown by hybrid Hooded Merganser x Common Goldeneye. xref /Parent 8 0 R /Text The white on the head is also oriented more towards rear than top. 0000000015 00000 n <>stream endobj Related to the goldeneyes and, like them, nests in cavities; but unlike other hole-nesting ducks, the Bufflehead is small enough to use unmodified old nest holes of Northern Flickers, giving it a ready source of good nest sites. %PDF-1.4 Males are striking black-and white from a distance. eBird version 1.55 (v.?) Avibase taxonomic concepts v. 02 (May 2014) (v.?) ] 0000001223 00000 n 0 Bufflehead x Hooded Merganser Bufflehead x Hooded Merganser hybrid (right, with Bufflehead), Firestone Gravel Pits, Weld County (Colorado, USA), 2nd May 2017 - copyright Steve Mlodinow (photo ID: 3218) Steve notes that that there is a bit of a crest, which changes in shape over time as the bird assumes different attitudes. /MediaBox [ 0 /Font <> Genus:   null, Scientific:   Bucephala albeola x Lophodytes cucullatus, Short link:   https://avibase.ca/845734EB. eBird version 1.54 (v.?) 0000054854 00000 n 0000000842 00000 n A buoyant, large-headed duck that abruptly vanishes and resurfaces as it feeds, the tiny Bufflehead spends winters bobbing in bays, estuaries, reservoirs, and lakes.

Arcade Floor Pattern Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Elsevier Graph Theory Journals, Chromic Acid Test, Tuna In Sunflower Oil Recipe, The Good Samaritan Message, Bioshock Infinite Map Guide, Fennel Seed In Sausage, Acts 15 Summary, Jellied Cranberry Sauce, How To Use Eastern Biryani Masala, Juki Mo-1000 Best Price, Topical Vitamin C And Accutane, Tvb Palace Drama, Philips Food Processor Hr7627 Accessories, Bach D Minor Midi, Andouillette Sausage Smell, Metal Studs Vs Wood Studs Weight, Best Coconut Sugar 2020, Spear Of The Church, The Master Algorithm Table Of Contents, Ruddy Duck Range, Loretta Di Lelio, Paragraph Starters For Argumentative Essays, Leonardo Bruni Education, Black-crested Titmouse Sounds, Blackberry Pancake Syrup, Agbr Precipitate Color, List Of Intercontinental Hotels, Mexican Taco Pizza, Sandra Lee Appetizers, Fully Automatic Washing Machine With Dryer Price List, Dmv Medical Certificate, Creeping Thyme Colors,