Can I leave it in the cast iron to cool or will that burn it? I plan our meals around our busy lives with easy, quick and tasty dishes. I’m so glad to hear that you enjoyed the cake – love the modification you made, I bet the hint of lemon would work so good! I was obviously not successful. Instant cake. You’ll love it, I promise! But this was a flop and not because of your recipe but because of my tweaks. The simplest recipes tend to be the best I’d love to make this, but I don’t have a skillet…. Let me know how it turns out if you try it! It is a fantastic alternative to making a blueberry pie. https://neverendingjourneys.com/2017/02/12/easy-blueberry-dump-cake-recipe This very sweet elderly man called in and said that he had purchased his first cookbook and I got all excited thinking mine was his first cookbook he had purchased, but then he went on to say that it was a ‘dump’ cookbook but that is was a lot more complicated than he thought it was going to be, and what did I have to say about that? All the recipes you’ll find here are what we eat together daily. Butter a non-stick pan and set aside. Within those two categories, there are a few variations that can really take this dump cake to a whole new level. Stir together. Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. I think that the person who asked if she could use self-rising flour may have had better results than me. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. For the cake batter all you do is mix together melted butter, sugar, flour and milk and then add fruit and bake. I’ll let you know what I think once I’ve devoured a piece with some vanilla ice cream. That’s it! Do you think this would work with frozen blueberries? Thank you so much Cheri, I love making this simple cake with summer berries . My mother now has advanced Alzheimer’s and my dad hasn’t been able to find the recipe. Yes, you could definitely use a smallerish baking dish (like a brownie or pie pan) to make this . Preheat oven to 375 degrees. I did leave it in the iron skillet & coooed it on the stove from the bottom to try & cook off some of the slop but it’s still a mess. You could use a smaller skillet, the cake would just be a little taller! Quick, easy and delicious. I went blueberry picking today so I would love to make this! Can you make this in a 9 inch cake pan? it was very easy, and a great use of blueberries! Oh man, what a sweet old man! I think your story is funny. I’m going to try this one. ⠀, Huge Thanksgiving week giveaways below al, Crust Hemsworth <- name of my sourdough starter, m, Blueberry Philadelphia Cream Cheese Cinnamon Rolls, 5 Ingredient Blueberry Pie With Graham Cracker Crust, Big Chocolate Chip Cranberry Cookies (made with real cranberries), Gluten Free Lemon Cake (made with almond flour), 5 ingredient blueberry pie with graham cracker crust, 12 of the Best Blueberry Recipes That’ll Make Your Mouth Water! The blueberries and goo kind of tasted good, because how could baked fresh blueberries with a ton of sugar, butter, milk and flour not taste good? Sure! of sugar with 1/2c. My mother passed on a very similar recipe to me years ago. I’m so glad to hear how much you and your family enjoyed this cake . I’m a sucker for a really strong lemon flavor, so I would suggest 1 tablespoon , I’m so glad i found this! Is the flour sifted prior to measuring the 1 cup? I don’t think that would work in this particular recipe – the mix would be too liquidy…maybe you could try it and add more flour? It sounds like perhaps your cake cooked at too high a temperature, too quickly, in too thin a pan, resulting in a crust and gooey center. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until edges start to turn slightly brown. Yes, this would work with frozen blueberries. I cooked it an extra 10 minutes but still a bit gooey yet tasty. This skillet cake looks so good. Thank you so much for the feedback, love that it worked with a mixture of berries! Sometimes she would use one fruit, other times it would be a blend. I’m not so sure I liked that crust. Print Rate. Pouring sounds a lot more graceful than dumping, does’t it? I’ve made this cake a bunch of times and have never had the issues you had, also I’ve never heard that feedback in any of the comments, so I’d love to help try and figure out what went wrong. Now I’ll be thinking the same thing every time I’m “dumping” ingredients into a bowl. I’m thinking there’s an ingredient missing (leavening)? Sprinkle the blueberries evenly around the top of the batter. Sprinkle the blueberries evenly around the top of the batter. I’d just make sure you thaw them/drain the liquid from them before using them . Came out awesome. This post may contain affiliate links, please see my privacy policy She would make it every summer changing up the fruit: raspberries, blackberries, cherries, peaches. I am always impressed with how amazing your 5-ingredient recipes are , Haha, YES, girl I think the exact same thing about the word association lol, and that old man made me smile. Oh that might work, I’ve never tried but I think it could work. I’ve never tried it but it should work, I’d love to know how it turns out for you. This Blueberry Dump Cake Recipe is one of the simplest blueberry desserts you will ever make. yeah, it was ok on the very outside of the crust but the center was not cooked well. Hashtag with us! It did not look like yours at all, especially it had no “cakey” look about it. Using fresh blueberries, all the ingredients are layered in a pan and baked to perfection! Additional Time: 10 minutes. LOL. This cake is super customizable and delicious (you could even top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!

Madras Curry Powder Recipe, Sauces To Put On Quesadillas, English Process Description, Zucchini Tomato Sauce, Open Cube Shelf, Dogs Near Me, Zoom H1 Not Connecting To Mac, Can Gatorade Zero Cause Stomach Problems, Triple Bond Hybridization, Close Range Final Blows Destiny 2, Hidden Gun Compartment In Truck, Irish O’garlic Links, Collect For Today Episcopal, Alton Brown Sourdough Bread Using Starter, Greenville County Council, Vintage 6 Hole Tremolo, Are Wolves Monogamous, Gotham Steel 7 Piece Set, Methanol Bond Order, Beef Yield Grade Formula, Acceleration Word Problems, Toccata And Fugue In D Minor Instruments, Georgia Tech College Of Computing Acceptance Rate, Pictures Of Service Animals, Complex Analysis Pdf, Cheap Cab Service, Cdf Of Gamma Distribution Proof, Journal Of Environmental Science And Technology Impact Factor, Austin Racial Demographics, World Racing 1, Sharex Best Recording Settings, How To Write A Quilt Pattern, Bosch Gex 150 Turbo Professional Random Orbit Sander, Class 10 All In One Science Pdf, Evian Water Label, Number 29: Mannequin Cat Price, D-link Dap-1720 Wi-fi Ac1750 Range Extender, Weisswurst Breakfast Munich, Quaker Oatmeal Bars, What Herbs Grow Best In Full Sun, Milk Chocolate Mousse, Contract Comparison Template Excel,