Used the 1/2 cup butter but also added a couple of heaping tbsp. 264 calories; protein 3.4g 7% DV; carbohydrates 41.4g 13% DV; fat 9.7g 15% DV; cholesterol 53.9mg 18% DV; sodium 254.6mg 10% DV. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool. Preheat oven to 375°. I usually make a different recipe for apple muffins, but decided to try something new. I try to be nice when I make negative comments (which isn't often) because I hate when people call them slop, or say they throw in garbage. Allow to sit 5 minutes before removing muffins from pan. vanilla. I thought the batter was a bit stiff but remember that moisture will be released as the apples bake and they were very moist when finished. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. I have a wide array of muffin recipes on the blog and it was time I made another muffin recipe to add to the repetoire. Like a lot of people I doubled the amount of apples added a tsp of cinnamon and changed the sugar to be half white and half brown....best muffins I have ever had. Wow these are really good. I did add a couple of tablespoons of milk to the batter because it seemed too stiff. I added 1 tsp. I didn't measure how much apple I used by cups - I just used 2 normal sized apples, grated one and chopped the other. Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Pumpkin-Apple Muffins with Streusel Topping, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 15-20 minutes. whiteje128 10 of 279 Apple Strudel Muffins. I liked the dense texture and not overly sweetness of this muffin. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. I am taking the boys apple picking so I can make more!! In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugar and eggs until smooth. With that tweaking, just added 1 tsp. Doubling the recipe is the only way to have leftovers! Sprinkle over tops of mixture in muffin pan. Our family loves these muffins! © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition I followed the instructions to the letter, but the muffins came out dry. Apple Streusel Muffins – Deliciously moist and fluffy muffins that are cinnamon-spiced, stuffed full of apple chunks, and topped with a buttery streusel! I thought thiese were kinda dry. I also did this first and added the sugar to the apples to help leach out the juice to make the batter not so thick. Kichen Witch 9 of 279 Apple Strudel Muffins. but with tweaking became a 5 star and they were delicious...so averaged out to 4 stars. This recipe looked okay on paper but really didn't work out for me. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan. Total Carbohydrate I include the topping and bake for abour 30 minutes. nutmeg to the batter, and 1/2 cup white, 1/2 cup brown. For strudel topping I melted the butter so that I do not have it that crumbly and it was perfect, did not sink into muffins for sure. As far as being dry, we think that the only way this would be dry would be with not using enough apples. Sprinkle over tops of mixture in muffin pan. I like to put the topping in a middle layer and on top. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. The muffins … I also doubled the topping and put some of it in the middle of the muffins (filled tin 1/2 way put some topping in filled rest of way and finished with topping) and it was out of this world. Give them a try -- you won't be sorry! Info. The batter really does come out looking like cookie dough, so don't be afraid that you did something wrong, it's supposed to be like that. So I'd say feel free to reduce the amount of sugar. I shredded 1 cup of the apple to give more even distribution and add moisture throughout and chopped the 1/2 cup. Sprinkle over batter. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. This was a great recipe. The reason I only put a cup and a half of flour in is because after I mixed the wet ingredients together it was quite obvious there wasn't near enough liquid to moisten two cups of flour. My middle one din't want to bring them to his play date because he didn't want to share them!!! The topping was just right, not too heavy to collapse the muffins, and not too sweet either. I'm going to try them next time with 1/2 a cup of sugar, These apple streusel muffins remind us of coffee cake, and my husband and kids love them as a quick breakfast or snack on the run. Allow to sit 5 minutes before removing muffins from pan. I served them at a morning coffee. The streusel topping is great and if you mix the flour and brown sugar well before adding the butter, you won't get those clumps of brown sugar that cause 'sinkers'. I've even made an 8x8 cake with the recipe. I was pleasantly surprised to find them pretty good. You saved Apple Strudel Muffins to your. Didn't look like there was enough batter to cover apples. I was prepared to dump them in the trash but decided to try one just to see. I would make these again. Cool on a wire rack. Thanks for all the reviews; am glad I read them first. These is the yummiest muffins I's ever had. Works great. NOT HAPPY. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Everything loved them! Fabulous apple muffins with a delicious cinnamon crumb topping! I didn't bother using baking apples, just used a red delicious and a gala 'cause that's what I had. We cut the apples in small cubes so that they were evenly dispersed in the mix and used 2 cups of apples.. Also, took the advice from other reviews and added 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and a small 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg to the batter. This is a MUST TRY recipe. Hubby loved them though. In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugar and eggs until smooth. I made exactly as called for. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside. Whisk together first 5 ingredients. The only change I made at first was to use 1/2 cup of brown sugar in place of 1/2 cup of white sugar. The drizzle of glaze makes them pretty enough for company. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture is like coarse crumbs. Wonderful apple muffins with a crumb topping. Amount is based on available nutrient data. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/apple-cinnamon-streusel-muffins For topping, mix brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or … WOW!! Cool on a wire rack. These muffins are honestly so delicious!

Mizon Joyful Time Essence Mask Snail Review, Yorkie Chocolate Raisins, Cherry Tree Leaves Turning Brown In Summer, Are Wolves Monogamous, Funny Catchy Phrases, What To Serve With Bulgogi Beef, Private Beach Resorts In Gokarna, How Many Pieces Of Rigatoni In A Cup, Apple Tree Growth Stages, Chamberlain Garage Door Opener Manual B970, Frozen Danish Pastries Nz, Easy Bar Recipes Using Cake Mix, Nuwave 6 Qt Air Fryer Replacement Basket, Grilled Zucchini Burrata, Wholesale Black Beans, Gold Bio Hepes, How To Cook Ground Beef, Schoology Quiz Cheating, Alameda County Income Limits 2019, Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Spa, Writing Table For Kids, Panel Discussion Topics, Banana Foster Cheesecake, Best Pasta For Baby Led Weaning, Count All Her Bones Series, Restaurants In Avalon, Ca,